- Managing and coordinating the SOE (System Operation Engineer) team. The main aim for this coordination is to ensure that the system runs efficiently without interruption.
- Assist in coordinating operations and engineering teams in order to identify errors and anomalies.
- Identify and verify service impact to subscribers and dispatch subject matter experts in support of problem resolution.
- Communicate with internal and customer-facing teams in support of status updates regarding open issues and implement actions in support of root cause analysis and problem remediation.
- Staff a team of approximately 15 - 20 SOE personnel.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Must have worked in a 24x7x365 System Operations Centre.
- Ability to think quickly, take the initiative and willingness to make judgment calls.
- Willingness and ability to learn new cloud services / technologies quickly, often without the focus of formalised training.
- Experience as NOC manager, including personnel, shift coordination, management and making daily reports on shift operations and issues handled / escalated.
Bonus points for experience with:
- Working with Google Cloud or AWS.
- Cloud operational tools such as OpsGenie.
- Cloud monitoring tools such as Datadog, AppDynamics, NewRelic.
- Bash Scripting, Python, Ansible, Vagrant
- Databases; relational or NoSQL
- Continuous integration; Jenkins